joo.a_rin: I love you 💕 today was so cool
♪ mr taxi taxi taxi ♪
You know that feeling when you’ve cried so much that you’re kinda numb- still sad but exhausted from all the tears? That’s where I’m at right now. I went to bed at 12:30am and woke up 3am to watch the last concert. It ended hours ago but I’m still here, weepy and posting pics, trying to avoid anymore fancams bc of the crying but I still wanted to share my aforementioned thoughts on this ridiculously emotional concert.
- firstly, cube had better give us the full concert again bc I don’t know why Our Concert didn’t get made into a DVD but dammit, this better be. a number of melodies had problems with the stream too so it’s the least they can do.
- looking back, I’m very satisfied with the setlist bc this could’ve easily been a 3+ hr cry fest if it weren’t for the stages by penjae, ilhoon, minhyuk, the rapline and that brilliant reenactment of their debut showcase runway (which is from henceforth, the stuff of legends 🙌)
- donggeun’s hairstyle of choice today. sigh. he’s adorable anyway so it’s fine lol.
- eunkwang sneezing during their “when it rains” performance XD i’m gonna miss that bunny so much.
- oh and about “when it rains”, I love that the four of them dressed differently each day with it culminating in them wearing their mv outfits ^^
- MOCHI BABY CRYING IN THE MIDDLE OF “AT THE END” 😭😭😭
- speaking of mochi baby, him putting his arm around eunkwang during “someday” was also 😭 of all the members, they’ve known each other the longest so I can only imagine how difficult this must be for changsub.
- the transition between changsub’s stage to ilhoon’s was hilarious. melodies were still crying over “at the end” and had just begun their LEE CHANGSUB chant when 5 seconds later, “big wave” began. “LEE CHANGSUB LEE CHANGSUB LEE CHANGS- oh uhhh *cheers for ilhoon’s stage*” 😂
- ilhoon should only ever open his solo performances by coming in on either a giant golden lion or a throne. nothing else would do.
- how freaking good was penjae’s duet? pretty freaking good. it’s something that needs to be watched not just listened to bc sungjae’s dancing y’all.
- although I prefer the song hyunsik did the first 2 days (“a song for you” by donny hathaway) while playing piano, I love that he did a different stage where he could play guitar instead. I love a supremely multi talented man 💗
- I think I’ve said this already but “all day” is my favorite song from minhyuk’s solo album so I was THRILLED he performed it all 3 days. I’m a little surprised he never took his shirt off (he tried to unbutton it on day 1 but couldn’t get the top button undone XD naturally) but it’s a fabulous stage nonetheless 👌
- the rapline furries. yeah.
- other than the last 30 minutes, I cried the most during “someday” and “it’s okay”. The VCR preceding “it’s okay” hit me right in the feels especially when they ended it with ‘be it the past, the present, or the future, I love you’ 😥
- they let the fans sing most of “it’s okay” ╥_╥ and afterwards sungjae asked if melodies were okay and while everyone said yes, I was like “NO, ASS, I’M NOT OKAY 😭😭😭” lol
- the messages eunkwang left for melodies after each of his stunning performances = 😭😭😭 I’m gonna miss his angelic voice and his bright smile and his kind, kind heart and his loud laughter and his aegyo (fly or otherwise) so damn much. he even saluted the crowd ╥_╥
- as for the last 30 minutes or so of the concert- everything from the ending ment to their final farewells, it was straight sobbing.
- im hyunsik got choked up and I started losing it especially when he was thanking each of the members and paused to compose himself before saying “eunkwang hyung” ╥_╥ a melody mentioned how much hyunsik will probably miss eunkwang bc of how much he leans on him and I look at them holding hands tightly while hitting that epic high note during “our concert” then hugging and I can’t help but feel for my brave, tough guy who never gets emotional bc it must be so hard on him ESPECIALLY when you consider that they only just recently stopped living together and now he won’t get to see him regularly as he has for the past 6+ yrs. look at how much time the two of them have spent together this year – from going to law of the jungle together to doing that OST duet for that chinese drama. I mean, hyunsik’s losing his princess after all 💔
- can we stop for a sec to appreciate the fact that sungjae FINALLY said I love you to the fans? he would only say I like you bc he didn’t want to take responsibility (lol) but he finally did it. baby boy’s all grown up now, even asking melodies to make btob the first concert they take their kids to one day bc btob will still be together and happily performing then too 😭
- THERE IS EVIDENCE OF AN ANGEL CRYING. JUNG ILHOON IS NOT IMMUNE TO EMOTIONS. HE CRIED TOO.
- the news of minhyuk enlisting next month is no real surprise but I’m glad he gave some advance notice. we’re losing both mom and dad so soon 😭
- so btob’s surprise for minkwang was an impromptu birthday celebration for them seeing as how they won’t get the chance to be together in november. frickin sungjae made each of them a cake and for all the grief he gave melodies for crying at various points during the concert, he. was. SOBBING at this point. even though I laughed, my heart broke for him. he’s my son, after all and seeing him cry tugs at my heart 😥
- when eunkwang broke down and kept asking why the fans were crying while he himself cried more and minhyuk had to console him, I absolutely lost it. I was ugly sobbing central. they all did their best to keep it all in the first two concerts then let it all out today. my babies.
- THAT GROUP HUG WHERE THEY LIFTED UP EUNKWANG 😭😭😭
- they added “yejiapsa” to the setlist but everyone was still busy crying so for the most part, all you heard was the instrumental and melodies crying.
- they still managed to crowbar “shake it” amidst all the sadness which was 🤣 who knew you could cry AND shake your booty at the same time.
- I’m disappointed “1, 2, 3” was the only song from This Is Us that they didn’t perform but I’m not surprised given the lyrics. it doesn’t exactly fit with the theme of the concert 😛 but I was really hoping to hear hyunsik do his thing.
- oh and changsub said he’s enlisting soon as well, probably by the beginning of next yr if not the end of this yr. I can’t believe we’re about to be down to 4 so soon ╥_╥ most of the focus was on eunkwang and this being his last concert with them but it was the last for minhyuk and changsub too. ugh.
- my beloved babies. I have more I want to say about and to them but this is already stupidly long so I’ll save it for the 21st.
btob’s eternal maknae 💙